Sunday, April 8, 2012

'GCB's' Mark Deklin Teases Upcoming Bedroom Antics: 'You're Going to See Some Skin'

Mark Deklin GCB 2012
Bob D'Amico/ABC

In addition to exploring its womens often tenuous (and hilarious) relationship with God, ABCs new hour-long comedy, GCB, takes a look at a very unique situation with Blake, a closeted gay man whose wife, Cricket (Miriam Shor), is in on the secret.

VIDEO: 'GCB's' Miriam Shor and Marisa Nichols Discuss Their Characters

It was one of those things where the more I work on it, the more I realize why people would make this kind of arrangement, Mark Deklin, who plays Blake, tells The Hollywood Reporter. And how it could be done in a way that still had honor and integrity.

THR spoke with the 44-year-old actor about whats coming up on the freshman series, how he came to understand his characters choices and how the native East Coaster finds a connection to the Southern characters he has played during his career.

The Hollywood Reporter: Theres a whole Gone With the Wind-themed event coming up on GCB. What can fans can expect from that?
Deklin:Its going to be fun. We all get to attend a Gone With the Wind-themed wedding. Carlene [Kristin Chenoweth] and Ripp [David James Elliott] are renewing their vows. It was fun. Personally, I got to dress up in a confederate uniform and I got to be one of the guards that stands in the aisle as Ripp and Carlene go down. It was fun. The whole episode was a lot of fun.

VIDEO: 'GCB's' Leslie Bibb on Playing a Reformed Mean Girl: 'There's Still a Little GCB Up in Her'

THR: What can you say about the baby talk ABC has teased for Blake and Cricket?
Deklin:Forgive me, Im going to be cagey just because I think some of the surprises are so fun. Both these episodes coming up are two of my favorites. Miriam and I had so much fun in the baby-making episode. I truly cant say too much, because it is so full of delightful little surprises. I dont want to ruin anything. Youre going to see us run the whole gamut of emotions with comedy and sweat, which devolves into some great bedroom antics.

THR: I have to ask this for your fans. Can we expect you to go shirtless in this sort of bedroom scene?
Deklin: The bedroom antics, yes, I just dont want to give away any plots. Lets just say yes, youre going to see some skin.

THR: How have you wrapped your head around that relationship and how they make that arrangement work for them?
Deklin:For sure. That was a challenge at first. It actually grew into a fantastic creative opportunity but, yeah, coming in to it, I have to admit that I had some prejudice. I dont know anybody whos in the closet. It felt sort of very old-fashioned to me. I suppose I probably had some judgment about what kind of person would be in the closet, would sort of live a lie. Of course, I had to get past that. As an actor, you have to get past judging the character.

PHOTOS: 17 New 2012 Midseason Shows

Miriam and I had so much fun. The friendship that we developed with one another as actors, I think, comes through. Thats a great way to approach [the on-screen relationship]. At the end of the day, they have a lot of fun together and theyre a great team. They have this family that comes first and they value that and want to expand it, which were going to see in the upcoming episodes.

Back to Live Feed
  • 1
  • 2
  • next
  • last

0 comments:

Post a Comment