Saturday, August 4, 2012

Haley Reinhart Makes 'American Idol' History at Lollapalooza (Video)

Haley Reinhart Hard Rock P
Alison Wotton

It was a historic day for Season 10 alum Haley Reinhart, who made American Idol history as the first former contestant to perform at Chicago's Lollapalooza festival.

"It's pretty rad, I can't believe it. It's so rewarding," Reinhart told MTV News. "I'm feeling so honored to be a part of it."

The Wheeling-Illinois native lit up the crowd on a small stage on Friday, entertaining the crowd with selections from her new CD, Listen Up! Reinhart's backup band was a family affair -- her fatherplayedguitar, and her mother and sister assisted backup vocals.

Reinhart said that playing in front of the hometown audience energized her perfomance. "I let loose," she said. "I've had a little bit of experience with that and the big crowds, and live performing like this is what I really love. It's my passion. I let loose and had a ball with it."

A highlight of the set? The sexy and sultry "Oh, My!" which featured a surprise: Reinhartbusted out the mid-song rap for absent guest MC, B.o.B., who delivers the rhymes on the record.

"I was just like, 'Oh, I think I got it.' I did it a couple of times. I listened to it enough that I knew it, and my adrenaline was skyrocketing," Reinhart said. "So it came kind of naturally."

Reinhart revealed that, "Oh, My!" is slated to be her next single, and she already has a treatment inmind for the video.

"I'm already jotting down ideas for that video. I've been doing it since day one so I'm really excited to film that one," she said. "I want it to be really, really kind of New Orleans authentic vibing crazy cool party club. Something crazy cool."

Check out some video of "Oh, My!" (complete with rap) below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment