Tuesday, August 21, 2012

'Survivor': Ex-Baseball Pro Jeff Kent Doesn't 'Want to Embarrass Myself' on Reality Show (Video)

Jeff Kent on Survivor - P 2012
CBS

The new season of Survivor features more star power than any other.

The CBS reality competition has cast former Major League Baseball player Jeff Kent and The Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel for its upcoming 25th installment, in addition to two beauty pageant queens: former Miss Delaware Katie Hanson and former Miss Utah Teen Angie Layton.

PHOTOS: Jeff Probst's 'Survivor' Picture Diary

In a video released by the network, Kent -- who played for the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers -- reveals that he's worried about looking bad while on the show.

"I don't want to embarrass myself," he said. "I've got a reputation in baseball. I've done some stupid things in baseball, but ... I've played the game well, and I've played with integrity and respect."

Whelchel, meanwhile, confessed that she went after a spot on the show.

"I pursued it," she said. "I had a friend of mine make a little iPhone video and put it on my Twitter account and asked people to retweet it and start a little viral campaign to get me on this show," she said.

PHOTOS: Broadcast TV's Returning Shows for 2012-13 Season

As for the new group of competitors overall, host/executive producer Jeff Probst said he's happy with the mix.

"There's a nice balance of stars, and then we have some ... of the right kind of people we need on Survivor," he said.

Kent's take on his fellow competitors?

"There's some mean-looking ones, there's some feisty-looking ones, there's some people that look educated, and people [that do] not," he said.

Survivor: Philippines premieres Wednesday, Sept. 19, at 8 p.m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment