Sunday, August 12, 2012

TV Ratings: NBC's Olympics Wins Again, Though Fatigue Shows

Usain Bolt - P 2012
Getty Images

It's another gold for NBC, but without the swimming and gymnastic stars that have powered many of its big nights, ratings were down on its London 2012 broadcast.

The network pulled in an average of 22 million viewers on Thursday night, for a 6.8 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic. Even with track star Usain Bolt's record run on tape delay and highlights of the soccer ladies taking gold, stats were down, especially against last Thursday's 35.7 million that tuned in for Gabby Douglas' gold-medal performance. On Wednesday, NBC had 29.7 million, for a 9.2 rating.

Meanwhile, ABC's Wipeout jumped up from a 1.4 last week to a 1.65, with an average of 5.03 million viewers. Rookie Blue also so a spike, to a 3.2 and 5 million viewers.

CBS' The Big Bang Theory continues to prove strong in reruns, pacing behind the Olympics in the 8 pm hour with a 1.8 demo and 6.9 million viewers. Two and a Half Men saw the eye network drop to 1.75, but they spiked to 2.1/6.22 for a new episode of Big Brother at 9 pm.

FOX was behind with the combination of Raising Hope at 1.1, and Glee at 1.0.

1 comments:

  1. This years Summer Olympics ratings were a lot higher then in the past. I got to see Bolt’s amazing with a 4.43 second time in the 400 meter race, and I got to see the U.S. win both men’s swimming and the girl’s gymnastics. Thankfully my Hopper automatically recorded my favorite show “The Big Bang Theory” or else I would have missed it. I hate setting up DVR timers and that’s why I got the Hopper, so that it would automatically record my favorite shows for me. I work for Dish and I can tell you that my Hoppers PrimeTime Anytime feature automatically records all my prime time shows for me everyday in HD. This saved me time and frustration and I recommend that everyone check it out.

    ReplyDelete