Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jennifer Lopez: American Idol Helped Me Grow As An Artist

Jennifer Lopez

After two seasons of judging American Idol, Jennifer Lopezfound her advice worked well with one particular vocalist -- herself.

"Whenever its things like that, where youre working with other people, like the audience, or even another artist, like we did with the contestants on the show, you learn, you grow," the 43-year-old singer told MTV News. "And whatever Id tell them, it was funny, it was like telling myself."

PHOTOS: 21 of Hollywood's Ageless Actresses: Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, Julie Bowen

Lopez pointed to specific words of wisdom doled out to contestants -- such as the oft-referenced pointers regarding making a connection with the audience as well as conveying feelings -- as examples.

We all get caught up when were the ones standing there, and everybodys watching. But its about forgetting about that and conveying a feeling. And I always feel like whenever I was telling them this over the past two years of doing Idol, that it was helping me grow as an artist as well," she said.

Lopez is proud of her time on Idol, but missed her own time in front of an audience.

It was a great experience to sit there and do that for a while, and I honestly feel like it was put in my life for a reason, to be part of my journey and part of my growth, because it definitely did that.," she said. "But as much as I love the show, this (singing) is what I do. And that was fun and it was great, but this is what I do.

Lopez is currently on tour supporting her new CD, "Dance Again: The Hits." Her new video, "Goin' In" (featuring Flo-Rida) debuts at 7:50 p.m. tomorrow on MTV. She appears at TD Garden in Bostom July 25, Mohegan-Sun, Ct., July 26, Verizon Center, Washington, D.C., July 28, and Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall, July 29.


0 comments:

Post a Comment