Friday, April 20, 2012

'American Idol's' Colton Dixon: Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' 'Turned Off My Audience' (Video)

"The head is still high," said Colton Dixon minutes after his shocking Thursday elimination. It seems it came as a surprise to nearly everybody but him.

"I strayed too far from who I was," the 20-year-old Murfreesboro, Tennessee native told The Hollywood Reporter's special correspondent and season 9 alum Didi Benami following the show. "I knew I was going to be in the bottom three ...I turned off a lot of my audience by choosing Lady Gaga."

VIDEO: 'American Idol's' Ryan Seacrest on Dick Clark: 'He Taught Me How to Do Television'

The song he went with was "Bad Romance," a No. 1 hit for Gaga and an Idol favorite during Hollywood Week in 2009 -- and one Dixon readily admitted "wasn't me."

Still, he was in good spirits upon greeting the assembled press and had yet to see or read the outpouring of well wishes coming his way on Twitter and beyond -- including a tweet by season 4 winner Carrie Underwood, which THR showed Colton soon after it posted.

VIDEO: 'Idol Hangover': Season 10's James Durbin on Bringing the Heavy, Rebellion to 'American Idol'

Watch his reaction to that moment and the crazy ride that is American Idol in the video above. And let us know what you think of Colton's elimination. Did Gaga do him in?

Twitter: @THRMusic


0 comments:

Post a Comment