Wednesday, April 18, 2012

'The Voice's' Christina Aguilera on Her Quarterfinal Cut: 'I'm Very Emotionally Driven'

The Voice Christina Aguilera New PR Image - P 2012
Colleen Hayes/NBC

Christina Aguilera faced her second tough decision this week on Tuesdays The Voice results show.

The pop singer chose to save Lindsey Pavao over Ashley De La Rosa. Her fellow coaches didnt seem to agree with that decision nor the one she made on Monday when she eliminated the very strong Jesse Campbell.

PHOTOS: 'The Voice' Contestants Volunteer at L.A. Food Bank

Nobody knows our team more than us coaches ourselves and there's definitely rhyme and reason behind every single decision I make, Christina defended herself after Tuesdays show. I'm very emotionally driven and I think that's what The Voice should be about.

On Tuesdays results show, Lindsey delivered a poignant performance of Mike Posners Please Dont Go and then broke into tears at the end of the song. And that clearly moved her coach.

Tonight, Lindsey brought me to tears, Christina says. And there was just no two ways around it. What was felt was felt. And it was real and it was honest and that's the best that I can do and what I always bring to the table as a coach. Love me, hate me, as a coach I think it's the only fair thing to these guys to be honest in the moment.

PHOTOS: 'The Voice' Notable Quotables From the Show's Coaches

When The Hollywood Reporter caught up with eliminated Ashley after the show, she was in good spirits and says she understands why her coach chose Lindsey over her.

Emotion does go a long way, Ashley tells THR. Christina looks for that. I do think Lindseys emotion was really genuine and it wasnt something that looked fake or anything. She really looked like she was having a hard time up there and she was getting really choked up. That made me sad, because Lindsey is my friend and I love her and Im so happy shes moving on in the competition. And Im sure she would be happy if I wouldve moved on.

Did you agree with Christinas decision to cut Ashley? Tell us in the comments section below.

Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter:@TheRealJethro


0 comments:

Post a Comment