Tuesday, April 24, 2012

President Obama Guests on 'Jimmy Fallon,' Slow-Jams the News and Talks Student Loans

Obama Jimmy Fallon Split - H 2012
Getty Images

Already a celebrated crooner thanks to his performance of Al Green's Let's Stay Togetherin February, President Obama stretched his vocal chords again during his guest spot Tuesday on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

According to the White House pool report, Obama appeared from behind the curtain to a rousing ovation from the students at UNC Chapel Hill, announcing that "I'm President Barack Obama and I too want to slow-jam the news."

The report says he then let out a soulful song about student loans -- perhaps the first -- as the band played a "moody, bluesy" tune behind him and host Fallon chimed in with verses about Stafford Loans.

Expect the internet to have fun with that one.

Once he was seated for his interview, the President confessed that "I don't get a chance to watch a lot of TV," and that "I'll date myself when people ask me what kind of comedies I like, I'll say Groundhog Day."

Obama gave the crowd an insight into his own college experience -- and pointed out the afro in the photo that Fallon had produced -- and revealed about his and the First Lady's school debt, "We didn't finish paying off all of our student loans until about eight years ago, and I'm president of the United States."

When asked about Mitt Romney, he offered that he seemed like the kind of person who cared a lot about his family.


0 comments:

Post a Comment