Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Madonna Responds to Daughter Lourdes' Cigarette Smoking (Video)

UP: Madonna

After 15-year-old daughter Lourdes was photographed smoking a cigarette, Madonna says she might have to get more strict with her kids.

The singer and single mom, who's cultivated an image as a parental disciplinarian, addresses the photo in an interview on NBC's Rock Center With Brian Williams, airing Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET. The Today show ran a teaser of the sitdown (see video below).

When asked for her reaction to Lourdes' smoking shot, Madonna refers to herself in the third person: "She wasn't very happy."

She says she thinks she's a tough parent, "but honestly, I don't think I'm as tough as I should be. I think I need to be maybe tougher. It's hard -- every day is a negotiation. But cigarette smoking I'm not very fond of -- for anyone. I don't approve of anyone smoking cigarettes, most of all my daughter."

STORY: Madonna's 'MDNA' Posts Biggest Album Sales Drop Ever

Then correspondent Harry Smith brings up a music video of Madonna, ahem, smoking, to which she responds: "I don't smoke. That's just an accessory, Harry. There's a difference. (Lourdes) smoked that cigarette before I did that video!"

Another hot topic in the interview: downward sales of her latest album, MDNA, a week after hitting No. 1 on Billboard.

"It's hard to be No. 1. It's hard to sell records. It's a lot of competition, and I was extremely elated," she says of MDNA's initial sales triumph.

Watch Today's teaser below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment