Wednesday, April 18, 2012

'The Voice's' Blake Shelton on His Quarterfinal Elimination: My Wife Will Be Disappointed

The Voice Blake Shelton New PR Image - P 2012
Colleen Hayes/NBC

Blake Shelton was banking on his bottom two team members doing really well during their last chance songs on Tuesdays The Voice, because he knew what hed do if that happened. But, life and reality TV can be unpredictable.

PHOTOS: 'The Voice' Contestants Volunteer at L.A. Food Bank

I actually came in to the battle thinking that if they both do really good, Id probably go with RaeLynn just because she was a country artist, Shelton tells reporters after the show. I feel like I can affect change there. I just dont think she did a very good performance tonight and that wouldnt be fair to Erin. I couldnt feel good about doing my job if I would have made my decision just because RaeLynn is a country artist.

Shelton says hes still not sure he made the right decision. He had bonded with Erin Willett over losingtheir fathers around the same time. But, RaeLynn was his last country singer. Furthermore, theres his country star wife Miranda Lamberts bond with RaeLynn to consider.

PHOTOS: 'The Voice' Notable Quotables From the Show's Coaches

Shes probably a little bit [disappointed], he says. But, I have to do what I think is right as a coach and based off what I saw that was my kneejerk reaction. RaeLynn will be fine. Oh my God, my wife is in love with her. Shell probably make a record on her and everything else.

When The Hollywood Reporter spoke with RaeLynn after the show, she hadnt yet talked to her coach. But, Lambert had already called her.

Its awesome to have Miranda backing me. Shes a great person, the ousted performer tells THR. She finished third [on Nashville Star] and she said, Im bigger than the person that won. And not saying that in a rude way, but she goes, You dont have to finish first to win ultimately. You just do your best and thats whats going to help you win. I take that to heart and I finished third on Blakes team and that means a lot to me.

Do you think RaeLynn should have been eliminated? Tell us in the comments section below.

Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter:@TheRealJethro


0 comments:

Post a Comment