Sunday, April 22, 2012

'Real Housewives of Atlanta's' Cynthia Bailey on Peter's Dismissal of Malorie: 'He's Entitled'

Real Housewives Atlanta reunion Cynthia Bailey Kandi Burruss
Bravo

On Bravo'sThe Real Housewives of Atlanta, the feud between Cynthia Baileys husband, Peter Thomas, and her sister, Malorie Bailey Massie, continues to be a hot button issue for viewers. On the recently aired fourth season and reunion specials, Bailey took Peters side and says that he has a right to dismiss her sister's feelings.

PHOTOS: The 'Ex-Real Housewives' Club

I think at this point so much has happened that hes entitled to that, Bailey tells The Hollywood Reporter. He didnt wake up and start feeling this way, there was a number of things that happened that made him feel this way. I love my sister, but I cant be mad at him. It is what it is.

We are family by marriage, by birth and I feel confident that well get through this, she continues. I think he definitely has every right to feel how he feels when it comes to Mal at this point, because lines were definitely crossed.

THR spoke to Bailey about a few other issues that were rehashed on the reunion, including black babygate and NeNe Leakes attitude toward the show and her cast mates.

The Hollywood Reporter: Whats the status of your relationship with Malorie?
Bailey:
My sister is always going to be my sister, but Im married now. Im very grown and very married, and so is my sister. I just think there was a point with Mal where theres sister love and then theres just now youre really crossing the line and now youre being a problem. So once you are just wrong -- sister, brother, cousin, niece or nephew -- youre just wrong. It just became a point where Mal just needed to back down a little bit. This is my life, this is my relationship, this is my marriage and I really dont need anybodys approval. And as my family, their job is to support me when I need it and mind your business when I dont. Thats what I do. Thats how I treat my sisters relationship.

THR: You and Sheree Whitfield have had a rough season, especially surrounding her interpretation of your comments regarding Kim Zolciak in Africa.
Bailey:
Oh, African baby? Well yeah, Sheree never did me any favors as far as that was concerned and I dont know what else to say other than that. But yeah, secondhand information like that, when you are in a group of six women, by the time things get back, things are usually a way bigger deal than it ever was when it happened. And I think whenever you get secondhand or third-hand information, its always fair, to ask the person, Did you say this? or Did you say that?, because it always gets dramatized before it gets back to the ears of who really said what.

VIDEO: Behind the Scenes of the 'Real Housewives' THR Cover Shoot

THR: Viewers have noted that NeNe just seems over the other women and the show. Whats your take on her attitude?
Bailey: As NeNes friend, I think she has a lot more things going on at this point in her life. Shes been through a lot personally this year and last year in her life. I think there is a part of NeNe that wants to move on. But at the same time, I think NeNe is kind of in an uncomfortable situation because really the only person shes friends with on the show is me and Marlo [Hampton]. So, I think she used to be good friends with some of the other girls she started with. I think its hard working with people you have a relationship with and now you guys dont and you still have to be around them all the time. Usually when you stop being friends with someone, the perk is that you dont have to be around them anymore. So, its like breaking up with your man and you still have to see him everyday -- its uncomfortable.

THR: If and when the show starts shooting a fifth season, what can fans expect from you?
Bailey:
Im super busy with the Bailey Agency School of Fashion. Class is in session. Ive got a lot going on. The Bailey Agency, for one, is doing extremely well. Were doing tons of things over there. And then we also have some people on model searches that Im taking on the road, which is awesome. I think for most of the season, Im going to try and focus on my business stuff and maybe trying to make some friends on the show. Its always a problem that Im always out with NeNe, so maybe Ill befriend or be befriended by somebody this season. Im very open to new friendships alongside NeNe.

The third installment ofThe Real Housewives of Atlantareunion airs Sunday at 9 p.m. on Bravo.

Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter:@TheRealJethro


0 comments:

Post a Comment