Monday, June 18, 2012

'Snooki & JWOWW': Nicole Polizzi, Jenni Farley Talk Pregnancy, Sobriety and Getting 'Crazy' (Q&A)

Snooki & JWOW PR Image - H 2012
MTV

Its a far cry from Jersey Shore, but Nicole Snooki Polizzi and Jenni JWOWW Farleys Jersey City-based spin-off promises drama and hijinks along with a well-publicized pregnancy.

Obviously I was scared, Snooki tells The Hollywood Reporter of her decision to inform Jenni of her pregnancy. I still wanted to move in with her and if somebody told me that they were pregnant and engaged, I wouldnt want to live with them. So, I was just nervous that Jenni wouldnt want to live with me.

PHOTOS: THR's 2012 Reality Power List

But luckily for the network, Jenni agreed and Snooki & JWOWW got underway.

Below, read what the duo had to say about Snookis surprise pregnancy and engagement to beau Jionni LaValle, Jennis relationship (and future) with Roger Matthews and what viewers can expect from their Laverne & Shirley-esque series.

The Hollywood Reporter: What kind of relationship do you have with [show creator] SallyAnn Salsano? What is she like as an executive producer?

Jenni JWOWW Farley: We call her Mom. Shes like alternate mom.
Nicole Snooki Polizzi: Yeah. We call her Mom. Shes like our mother hen, so we love her.

THR: When I spoke with SallyAnn, she told me that you were really worrying about telling Jenni about the pregnancy. She said you were freaking out. Can you tell me a little bit about what that was like for you before you told her?
Polizzi
: Yeah. Obviously I was scared to tell her because I still wanted to move in with her and if somebody told me that they were pregnant and engaged, I wouldnt want to live with them. So, I was just nervous that Jenni wouldnt want to live with me.

THR: And Jenni, what was your reaction?

Farley: Well, it was basically the reaction on the show. I was
Polizzi: Like what the hell is going on.
Farley: Yeah. Yeah. Shocked like I could not even explain.

PHOTOS: Reality Stars Turned Fashion Designers

THR: Snooki, youve been pretty forward about the fact that like the pregnancy seems pretty easy for you and your cravings are normal, but I wanted to ask Jenni -- what are the best and worst parts of Snooki being pregnant?

Farley: I dont think theres a worst part with her, because shes actually handling her pregnancy extremely well. I see women that have like, the worst symptoms ever, like, they look like death. And Nicole is still rocking six-inch heels, doing her hair and make-up and just really living it up to the point where shes normal. Its just Nicole without the partying side.
Polizzi: Jenni said its like me having a hangover, but now Im just saying Im pregnant.

THR: Did you miss any of the stuff that you could on Jersey Shore? There must have been moments that you were like, I wish I could just go out right now and go nuts.

Polizzi: With the whole drinking thing, Ive been doing it since I was like 16, so it wasnt really that hard to give it up. Ive been partying forever so, yeah, it was just actually really fun being sober and seeing Jenni be the crazy one.

THR: Can you see yourself sort of returning to that after the baby is born?

Polizzi: No, because Im going to be a parent and it totally changes your life, and Im totally accepting that so, Im just excited to be a parent. I feel like the partying stuff, thats just a fact that you get over in life and
Farley: It comes back later on.
Polizzi: Yeah, I mean, not to say that Im not going to go out with my girlfriends, like once a week or whatever, but now my life is dedicated to my child.

THR: Give viewers highlights of what theyll see this season on your spin-off.

Polizzi: Youre going to see the first trimester of my pregnancy. Me and Jenni are living together and being best friends, and then our relationships with our boyfriends.
Farley: Drama.
Polizzi: Yeah. We go to Cancun for a little trip so, theres been a lot going on

THR: Jenni, tell me where your relationship is with Roger during shooting.

Farley: Well, weve been together for two years, and because of that, we have became very relaxed in our relationship, so moving to Jersey City kind of helped it a little bit and I think that we broke the repetition. But by breaking the repetition, you do see some crazy blowout fights due to the fact that were both very hot-headed, and we dont like to back down. Hes really supportive, but I am finally dating a man and because Im dating a man, Im not getting my way all the time. A lot of people could kind of see that last year he put me in my place over the phone, but now its just like, in person.

PHOTOS: The Quotable Snooki

THR: Nicole, you see Jionni a lot, but he doesnt seem like he likes some of your crazier ways and also, getting drama on camera. Does he get sort of more comfortable in this season spin-off?

Polizzi: Yeah. Hes not really into the whole camera thing because hes just such a private person but he knows who hes dating and when Im filming, if he wants to see me he has to come on camera. But I think on the spin-off hes definitely just let loose, and been himself, which is really cool because hes actually a very funny guy. Hes loving and hes fun, so I hope people get to see that side of him.

THR: Both of you are big businesswomen. Do we see you guys working on some of your ideas and companies during the season?

Farley: No. We dont show any part of our fame during the show. We just want to be normal people, just like we are on the Jersey Shore.

THR: What are you both working on now?

Farley: Just my line of Australian Gold, and theres a few new products that are going to be coming out and were just really concentrating on the bikinis, because its about to be swimwear season and theres going to be another book involved, but besides that its the same old stuff.
Polizzi: Im coming out with new tanning stuff, I have a new book coming out, I am starting baby slippers, because I did the regular slippers, so Im just doing little mini ones for kids -- obviously because Im having a kid. And then I would also love to do diaper bags. Like, animal print stuff, because I cant really find any animal print baby stuff. So I would just love to make my own.

THR: Is there anything youre specifically looking forward to seeing on the show?

Polizzi: Im just excited to see me sober. Like, being me not looking all sweaty and gross and hung over, you know, just seeing me normal. Im excited to see that.
Farley: I just want to see the whole thing edited. Theres really nothing specific, because I dont know whats going to be shown and whats not going to be shown, but I did live it so I just want to see how it turns out. In the moment, you might not think things are as exciting or crazy, you know what I mean? But then when you watch it
Polizzi: But when you watch it, its like, oh shit, that was intense.
Farley: Yeah. Its like, holy crap, I didnt realize how intense that was.

THR: Jenni, will there be a side of you that the viewers see that they havent seen of you before?

Polizzi: Shes fun.
Farley: Yeah. I guess I was boring before.
Polizzi: No. I feel like Jenni was always taking care of me, so we kind of like switched roles. Like, Im like the mom taking care of things, and she is like just letting loose and enjoying life.

THR: If you guys were to get a second season for your spin-off, what would be the next chapter of your life?

Polizzi: Well, Ill probably be giving birth. Ill have a kid by then. Wed both hopefully be engaged, so, I dont know.
Farley: I have no comment. I have no idea. I dont want to put the pressure on Roger.


0 comments:

Post a Comment