Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nicki Minaj Says It Takes 'Guts,' 'Heart' to Compete on 'American Idol' (Video)

Moments after Nicki Minaj took the American Idol stage on Thursday -- and sassed judge Jennifer Lopez from yards away -- the rapper and pop star stopped to talk to THR special correspondent and Idol season 9alumDidi Benami about television competition shows.

Asked if she was starting out today, would she try out forIdol,X FactororThe Voice,the "Super Bass" singer said matter-of-factly, "No, I wouldn't. It's very verydifficult to be picked apart. I have to give it to the people thatdo these shows -- it takes a lot of heart, it takes guts, that rejectionthing is heavy."

STORY: Nicki Minaj-Jennifer Lopez Feud Sparked on 'American Idol' Stage

And since she was catapulted to fame on her own (with a big assist from Lil Wayne), how will she quantify success of her second studio album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which is scheduled for release on April 3?

Says Minaj: "I'm blessed to put out an album that is not one-dimensional. I'm not boxed in, the world has given me the opportunityto express myself in lots of different genres of music. ...I'm truly showing myself, as oppose to feeling I haveto do this because someone says I have to do this. That's how Imeasure success."

Watch more of her interview with The Hollywood Reporter in the video above.

Twitter: @Idol_Worship


0 comments:

Post a Comment