Saturday, June 2, 2012

'Teen Wolf' Star Tyler Hoechlin Takes the Mound at Dodgers Stadium (Photos)

Tyler Hoechlin Dodgers Stadium Teen Wolf - P 2012
PictureGroup/Courtesy of MTV

The stars of MTVs Teen Wolf took both coasts by storm on Thursday, with appearances in L.A. and New York, marking a bicoastal media blitz just days ahead of the series season two premiere.

Tyler Hoechlin, who plays alpha wolf Derek Hale on the show, fulfilled a lifelong fantasy by throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at the Dodgers matchup against the Brewers. Standing by to catch the ball was co-star Dylan OBrien.

PHOTOS: Summer TV Preview 2012

A longtime baseball player himself, Hoechlins athletic career was sidelined by an injury just before he was cast in MTVs freshman drama. Prior to breaking out on the series, Hoechlin had small roles in the movie Road to Perdition and on TVs 7th Heaven. The 24-year-old even passed up a role in the originalTwilight film to continue playing the game.

I definitely don't have any regrets, Hoechlin tells The Hollywood Reporter. I mean, I miss playing the game almost everyday, but I have so many amazing memories and friends from my days on the field. I always played as hard as I could and I never let anyone out work me so I can always be proud of that.

That's an attitude I've taken with me into my acting, he continues. I also learned through baseball how to deal with failure and use it as a learning tool, and to see it as an opportunity to grow and improve. Learning how to see failure as a positive thing as long as you've tried your hardest."

PHOTOS: 26 of Hollywood's Most Popular Athletes-Turned-Actors

So what was he thinking when he took the mound on Thursday evening?

Don't hurt Dylan because we need him to shoot season three, Hoechlin jokes.

Meanwhile, over on the east coast, co-stars Tyler Posey, Holland Roden and Colton Haynes were ringing the closing bell at NASDAQ and soaking in all that the Big Apple has to offer.

Find photos from both events below and for more on what to expect from the season two premiere, airing Sunday after the MTV Movie Awards, click here.

Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci

Dylan and Tyler pose with Baseball legend and former Dodgers manager, Joe Torre.

Holland Roden, Tyler Posey and Colton Haynes pose with MTV's head of programming, David Janollari.


0 comments:

Post a Comment