Wednesday, May 30, 2012

'Shameless' Emmy Rossum on Nudity; 'Side-Boob' Contract (Video)

Emmy Rossum
Joe Pugliese

Emmy Rossum sees no problem with showing skin on party girl Fiona Gallagher on Showtime's Shameless.

"I thought it suited the character," the 25-year-old-actress said in THR's Emmy roundtable discussion alongside January Jones, Claire Danes and other TV drama actresses.

"This is a very low-income family, they have very thin walls, they don't have money for entertainment, and this girl likes to have sex," she explained. "For me to glamify her would be not realistic. I have a lot of control over what I want to show, when I want to show it and when I don't want to show it."

PHOTOS: THR's Emmy Roundtable: Drama Actresses Portraits

When asked if she's in constant negotation with showrunner John Wells about nudity issues, Rossum responded: "Not at all. But originally, when they made the contract it was like, 'You will show partial side boob, you will show two cheeks .'"

Rossum, whose acting credits include the films The Phantom of the Opera and The Day After Tomorrow, had never taken her clothes off for the camera before joining William H. Macy's dysfunctional family on Shameless.

"Some days you feel like, 'Oh, God. I wish we were shooting this last week, I felt so skinny,'" she confessed. "So you get comfortable, and your crew is your family. At this point, the camera guy is like, 'Oh, God, not again.'"

Watch Rossum's uncensored Emmy roundtable video.


0 comments:

Post a Comment